Today marks the end of the first week of practicing the Dragon's Way "set" of Qigong every day. I have been practicing first thing upon waking.
As the initial big yet insubstantial blocks of resistance were pushed out of the way, I've noticed that this time of practice has become a time for me to think. Imagine a Tetris-like board where, as little blocks of thought are thought, they are knocked off the board and the next blocks come tumbling down to occupy open space.
I've remembered Kelly's words of advice on how to be more meditative during #10. Imagine the thought that comes to you as moving past you. Bid it adieu.
During #10 today, I could feel the burn in my right arm. I realized that it's probably from my use of the computer, specifically, the computer mouse. I am right handed, so the right arm does get used more than the left generally. I could feel more thoughts threatening, negatively, to glom onto the initial thought of discomfort.
So I boxed up the thought of discomfort and (oh am I really going to say it?) sent it packing :-) For the next few minutes I "saw" my thoughts arrive to the left, bloom into center, and atop the conveyor belt move off stage right. The thoughts quickly dissipated and what I then saw was different colors of light. White, red, green.
And then the crashing piano chord told me it was all over (my current signal...I'll be moving further, into the next track, tomorrow).
I have long thought that meditating would be good for me. I am wondering and hoping if I am beginning to cross a bridge into integrating more meditative time into my life via Qigong.
Also up for the coming week: getting back to taking morning walks, practicing #10 before going to bed and possibly making an appointment to see Vinny again. He may be well enough to return to work. I cannot begin to get my head around how much going cold turkey on his therapeutic presence has influenced my late Summer and Fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment