Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Numbers

Just to clarify.

I don't put much weight in numbers (no pun intended!)  I'm more qualitative.  I don't own a scale big enough to weigh people.  (Food and fiber?  Yes.)

(The reason I know how much I weigh is because my mother has a scale and I weigh myself whenever I go to her place.)

Numbers can be useful.  Take this story, for instance.  I highly recommend it.  Here's another piece from the same site about portion size/control which relates nicely.

But, numbers can be tricky.  Rather, we can allow numbers to play tricks, in our minds. 

When I shared the number of pounds I weigh, it was to give some a better idea, a more complete picture of the physicality I'm talking about and dealing with these days.  Whatever the number is at any given time, I do not dwell on it, personally.  I also do not attribute any positive or negative quality to it.  A number, in this case, is just a number.

No comments: