There is a part of me, real and true, that loves a fresh start.
But, I know that sometimes my desire for a fresh start trips me up. Ties me up. Takes me out of the moment.
I can feel that as I look forward to Monday to "start" the rest of my life in terms of Qigong and food, that I am seeking that fresh start. I am manufacturing it rather than simply being it.
Though I am not going to do the in between week of cutting out meat and dairy before going whole hog onto the DW food that is part of Dragon's Way, I am having a "last supper" tonight and will have poached eggs tomorrow morning.
I feel there may be some curiosity about what I'm eating tonight. (I love you guys...)
The original plan to get Mexican from our local favorite place was nixed for a variety of reasons. Sag is being included in this last supper as we are going to resume a no bringing in gluten policy Monday, as well. He really wanted something with fries. Cap was not wanting the dairy-full offerings of Habaneros. I have actually been eating "out" a lot lately, what with Wendy visiting, going upstate last weekend, etc. So I was feeling quite flexible.
We decided on a local Italian place. Cap and Sag are having chicken tenders and fries. I ordered the linguine with meatballs and onion rings. And our tireless hunter-gatherer has tried in vain to get me some Ben and Jerry's Pistachio ice cream. I am "settling" for
Enough about me and food.
Gem's been asking to go to Target for a few weeks so I took him this afternoon. I picked up some supplies for the soldiers a friend from high school is leading in Afghanistan. It's crazy that they don't have enough soap, toothpaste, razors, etc.
To calm down after that outing (I get really antsy after an hour in buildings/rooms without windows, whether it be Target or a museum) I enjoyed a quick and lovely knit. I may have a new favorite yarn (Silk Garden Chunky).

No comments:
Post a Comment