Went to see Vinny, which is always good.
Today, I decided to heed Vinny's weekly advice and with Cap's blessing, I headed 'downtown' after my session. I parked near the library and thought I'd stroll somewhere for dinner.
I passed a hair salon that had moved into really nice digs last Spring and on an impulse, stepped in to see if I could get a wash and cut. My stylist took her time and was responsive to my quiet mood (and looks nothing like she does in this picture!) I really appreciated her. She did a great job and I am happy to finally have someone local to whom I will return for another cut without reservation.
After my haircut, I walked over to one of my favorite local eateries and had a leisurely dinner with my date, Stephen King's latest tome. The cherry on top was my amazing entree: duck confit with goat cheese, spinach, mushrooms and red pepper flakes over rigatoni.
So, yes, in my quest to meet my noodle craving (it had to be 'good' noodles...I've been envisioning handmade ramen, would have been thrilled with pho, and was utterly satisfied with my rigatoni dish :-) I went off my healing path a bit, but honestly, there's healing to be had in enjoying a wonderful plate of food.

No comments:
Post a Comment