Thursday, March 11, 2010

Alighting for a moment

This one was very happy when his vintage Lego set arrived in the mail today.  He had been saving a birthday gift card for something special and the wait was finally over.

This one was very sad that he didn't have something nifty arrive in the mail.  His birthday is feeling very far away still.

Baxter went home last night.  Here he is shortly before my brother came to pick him up.  I miss him.

Today I was nourished by lengthy conversation with Tiina while the kids played and played.  I continue to feel rocked by dark shrieks and weights.  And am thinking more on this as an opportunity...to understand this discomfort as a message to dig deeper...to find the truth that hides and I cannot see...and to heal the raw space left from extraction.

I appreciate the attuning of my body to the season.  The shooting upward of energy from seed/bulb through dark and cold earthen bed...the breaking through which must be painful even as it is so glorious to finally see light and feel air...  This same impulse is at work in my body and my spirit.  There's a seed or bulb in there, something new for this season or something old returning for more life...I guess it's time to nest with it a bit, to relax my self in order to welcome it through...to maintain balance as I push and labor.

1 comment:

Julie_c said...

Cam was feeling a little down when a package from Amazon arrived with Y:The Last Man for me and Elvis Costello for Mike - but nothing for him. :(