honk.
(I love you for regarding my nose-blowing visage. truly.)
I've noticed this week, my first of being GFCF, that I have been feeling very full upon eating despite consuming less than what I have been.
Tonight it hit me. I'm too cold. Between all the salad and soaked raw cashews, I think I'm consuming too much cold essence via uncooked food.
Getting ready to watch a post-dinner movie with Cap, I put some water on for tea to take my herbs and I realized I was craving ginger and lemon. A few minutes earlier I had said to him that I felt like eating nothing but rice and soup for a week.
Having a cold? Tipping too far over to the cold side of balance? Whichever it is, or it could be both, the ginger tea with lemon and honey felt amazing. It helped to restore some calm to a system that objected to the cucumber (raw, of course) I shoveled into my mouth at dinner because their cool felt so good in my cold-symptomy-warm/dry mouth.
I had a second cup while we watched Julie and Julia (Meryl Streep...sigh).
I can feel aspects of the four elements at work inside me: Air, Water, Fire and Earth. I need to pull back on my zealousness...or rather, pause it in order to recalibrate as I move forward.
I love food and this week so much was about the food as I made a shift. But, it goes deeper than the food... It's not really about the food. I've got to practice Qigong. Every day. This is important. A cornerstone without which the building of me cannot stand.
I feel as though I'm in an Infinity. I peel back layers and gain awareness...then peel back some more and regain the same awareness. Is there a center? A core? Or is it about traversing the sideways eight over and over again?

No comments:
Post a Comment