Sick kid was diagnosed and is now taking antibiotics. Tonight should be better for sleep. Last night I was in bed for six hours and woke up about six times. (I think it was my fear that he was going to start throwing up in the bed that kept me sleeping shallowly. His body bumping against me, emanating fever-heat, is what kept rousing me.)
I will pause from my zombiehood (I was fine till about an hour ago) to say that I have moved on from my self-designed cowl and am knitting something quite lovely now. (The cowl was good while it lasted, but the yarn wasn't luxe enough for something to snuggle 'round your neck and it was way too big. Wait...did I already blog this?)
My current knit is Kelly's "prize" for being one of the commenters selected for my 1000th blog post. If you don't like it, babe, I have a lovely plan B in mind :-)
A few of the things keeping me going...little bursts of love that are so yummy and life-giving:
Gem offering his unraveling/winding services. His attraction to the fiber arts, though selective and slightly idiosyncratic, endures in a way that makes this mama's heart sing.
Cap having a good time in Chicago. For this über-hard working man to catch a break is cause for celebration. He likes Chi-town a lot: is getting some much needed time and space to work on his book, is spending time with a good friend and her family (with whom he is staying), is hanging with professional peers as he presents and partakes at a conference, and is taking in sights and sounds getting some quality "him" time.
These earrings today. Wendy gave them to me a few (?) years ago. I've been acclimating my earring holes to having earrings in them again and put these in today. Love them.
1 comment:
I hate when I don't get good sleep. I hope you catch better Zzzz's tonight. And I hope sickie feels better.
Post a Comment