Friday, July 03, 2009

Lovely


My life, that is.

My partner is up at his office. Working hard to make a difference. He hurt his thumb playing basketball yesterday. He will be picking up a bike from Silke that, perhaps, Gem will use this summer to learn how to ride without training wheels. Tonight we have our movie night.

My kids are immersed in things they love to do. One is reading on the couch, the other is building with legos. They are absorbing and spinning tales of adventure, challenge, problem-solving, courage, and fun.

I have taken a walk, silently cursing the very loud lawn machines. I am looking forward to not spending the day in the kitchen as I have the past two. Though we do have some extra bananas which would make wonderful banana bread. They have called out to me, trying to get more of my attention.

I am airing out my latest library book. It came infused with the perfume of a previous reader. James Frey's Bright Shiny Morning.

I am lucky to have a spot of time to just take it easy. My sleep is getting better, my qi gong practicing is not.

The breeze blowing in through the window screen lifts me. I am loving these unseasonably cooler temps.

No comments: