They wanted to have a yard sale. I did not. So we have been discussing a compromise and it's looking like I will buy them something they want, said item to be determined (probably a new lego set). And the stuff we're getting rid of will be donated. We talked about charity, but these guys are pretty into money and they'd still like a little something from me, thank you very much :-)
They have been good about sticking to the task at hand and letting go of a lot of stuff. This has not been true in the past (the letting go)... I wonder if it's their age/developmental stage, or whether it's because we are finishing our third year here which has manifested in a certain security previously unknown having moved every two years from Cambridge, then Plympton, then Sacramento.
4 comments:
We have a yard sale every summer and in my opinion, they are not worth it. We're just not good at selling (or we don't have good stuff ;-)
The kids love it though. My kids are also big into the money motivation. We give most of their stuff (other than the yard sale) to the local kid's consignment store. It's a good option if you have one. And while it's not outright donating, I like to keep consignment and thrift stores in business. I've gotten most of my kid's clothes second hand (good for the environment and the pocket!).
I've got to say, even more than the absolute envy I feel reading this is my joy for you! Oh, how I love a deep purge ;-)
Oh, and they are. So. Sweet.
ooooh, we can give thomas the train a good home...!
I have to agree with Shannon - I'm a little over throwing tag sales. At least throwing one every year. Seems to me you need a couple of good items - like a nice chair or a bike or something and then a bunch of little things. Cam's ready to move beyond the train table so I think I'll tuck it away for next April and maybe I'll do one then.
I bet it feels good to see so much organization in your house though.
Post a Comment