Monday, July 06, 2009

New toy

The kids have wanted a DS for awhile. I have been leery with my own biases. But, I could not argue with Sag's primary "pro" which was that it is portable, and thus, more flexible than playing games on our home desktop.

Handheld electronic games are not something that ever turned me on. And I don't want to hold that against them. So, we agreed that they would have to save the money to cover 2/3 of the cost and then I would put up the rest.

They were tenacious in their saving. Especially Gem. And sooner than anticipated, the day came and today we went to Target and they bought their DS. They also had enough money to pay for 1/2 the cost of two games.

They are very happy.

3 comments:

Unschoolers Rock the Campground said...

DS has been a huge hit at our house. It is great for the car, too. I must admit I am a big fan... not that I play... but I love how much they love it!

Julie_c said...

Cam has been asking for one for a little while. I'm on the fence. I like that you asked the kids to chip in some of the cash. They will likely take better care of it - or at least maybe Cam would. I don't know how well they take care of their toys.

shirley said...

At $130 (not including games) I wasn't comfortable plunking down the cash without it being a birthday or X-mas. We'll see how well they take care of it...they are very happy :-)