He was struck by inspiration a couple of nights ago and dragged out the dust-covered easel. I was struck by the sight of watching my 9 year old son painting, having set himself up in the kitchen with palette, easel, and paper, the summer night outside the windows pitch black.
This week he has been asking for subtraction problems. First, he sought out the Kumon workbooks we have, but was turned off by the problems in them. He thought the problems were "too easy".
Gwen taught him a new game last night which I'll be on the lookout for. I didn't take a picture of them playing, but here's link to it.
Not that there's anything wrong with Indiana Jones (or pretend play or drawing or movie making or legos...) I mean, look at this: Sag in full Indie regalia. Fills my heart.
Cap finishes the last day of his first camp today. Yay! He is exhausted. It's been grueling and he has had no time to work on writing. I was hoping to get him to go see Brüno with me this weekend, but so far, he's saying "nein". I think it would be fabulous way to blow off some steam :-)
P.S. Dudes, this is post #999!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment