


When I started blogging, back in April of 2006, I had no idea how fruitful it would be. As I've written here, blogging has stuck with me in a way that no other journaling ever has, despite many an attempt.I go back and read posts very rarely. For practical purposes you could say never. I should try it sometime. I'd probably learn a thing or two. (Milestones have a way of creating a desire to reflect...I'd love to do that with you...see info below on how :-)
This little creation has been a place for me to write, display my photographs, air out thoughts, be creative: express myself. The interpersonal aspect of blogging is key for me and the sense of connection I've had, knowing that my words and images have had meaning outside of myself and for others, has fed my soul.
If you will, please leave a comment in response to this, my 1000th post. I love how we humans can have a way with words. If you refer to a specific post (please include the date of the post) in your response, I'll put your name into the prize drawing twice.
(These blogerversary things often have prizes...and who doesn't like a prize?)
Next Sunday morning I'll have Sag, Gem, and Cap each draw a name and those reader-responders will win a prize. If you want to play, when you leave a response, include in that response the gift theme you would enjoy most at this time: photo, writing, GFCF cooking, music or a knit.
Thank you for being here. Hope to see you at post 2000!
9 comments:
Congratulations!! 1000 posts that is quite an achievement!
There are so many posts that I have meant a great deal to me. I guess I would have to say your first post would be a big one since it started it all. I can't believe it was 3 years ago.
I start each day out checking your blog (and then checking throughout the day to see if there are any new updates). I love that I know what is going on in your lives on a daily basis. When I haven't seen you, Erik and the boys face to face for months it doesn't feel as if there has been any gap in time.I almost feel as if I'm there with you all when reading your daily activities. I can pick up a conversation with the boys on Star Wars or Indian Jones instead of having to catch up with what they've been doing since I last saw them.
I love that you are so open with you feelings, emotions and your journey of self discovery. Any blog after you've seen Vinny is usually one that I find very helpful for my own self growth. Not that I do everything the same way as you but it gives me more to think (and feel) about.
Well, I'll stop there because I could go on and on. I think your blog has also managed to pull the chatter bug (is that a word) out of me!
Oh yeah, if I was to win I think a writing prize would be very interesting.
Looking forward to another 1000 posts.
Love you.
Congratulations! You know, I read all your posts (at least since you told me you had a blog) but I've only commented like twice, lol! A lot of blog readers are like that huh?
Anyway thanks. I enjoy reading about your lives.
Hi Shirley,
I love reconnecting with you in a such a personal way. I am awed by your honesty and loving connectedness. I have been a journal-er throughout my life, but never so publicly. Although I don't knit (I sew, occasionally, I am interested in your knitting themes as a sometimes crafter myself. And although I have no need for GFCF food, I am interested in the love that goes into this type of cooking.
I think I am most interested in your self-discovery and family stories, having known you and Erik when you were child-free. And although I am deeply committed to education (particularly special education for children with autism) I am interested in your homeschooling decision. I always want to ask you about the NJ laws and paperwork requirements for homeschooling, but don't want to bother you with such details.
And since my own daughters are growing up and leaving, I am nostalgic for the younger years that you are enjoying with your boys!
And I love getting to know you all over again in such a terrific way.
Susan
Congrats on your 1000th post. Woo-wee! That's a whole lotta posting!
If I win, hmmmmmm, I think I would like a lovely knitted creation. It's a skill I do not possess but admire so much in others. And you do beautiful work!
Wow!. I have written just over 500 on mine, and am amazed at the mere thought of double that!
I love reading your blog. Hearing about your boys is always nice... but I really love how you use it to reflect on yourself and your feelings. It makes it a bit different from the other blogs I read.
If I win I would just like an extra hug next time I see you! Hopefully soon ;)
I have to say, even though it feels like I get to have sneak peaks into your life, there is nothing like a real live phone call -- and better yet, a visit. Without this blog, I would feel very, very far away. I love seeing your creative impulses blossom. Especially your photos. you have a good eye. And a way with words.
If I win a prize, I choose a photo.
love you, miss you...B
Hey congrats! I still prefer seeing you in person (yeah, luddite), but in lieu of that, this blog does very well. Love catching up on you and the kids. I'll take an original star wars drawing as a prize. Love,M
December 6, 2006. "Your mommy hates housework." Gotta love it. And all your posts about money and finances, as those areas are a real bugaboo for me, and "hearing" you write about your issues does help me smooth the edges off my own.
Oh, and that post about potato salad, the one with the photo, where you describe how hard it is to let it sit there on the counter marinating in the vinegar and sugar. Mmmmm ...
xo
Oops. A knit. I know. So obvious, my choice. Sometimes a girl just can't help herself.
Post a Comment