Saturday, July 25, 2009

Color me pickle

I'm making icebox pickles this morning. The cukes, sweet onion, and garlic are all from the farm. I'm subbing apple cider vinegar for the white vinegar (I never use white vinegar...a vestige from back in the day when it was not considered gluten-free) because I'm out of rice vinegar. Wondering if the color will produce sepia-toned pickles... These should be ready for consumption tomorrow. I can hardly wait...

I've also got a batch of turnip pickles going. Yum.

In a bit I'll be heading out to see Vinny (some kinks to get worked out before he leaves for 2 weeks in England). I may stop into my LYS for supplies to knit this in honor of their anniversary sale which will mean a discount for me. Then onto Whole Paycheck for some fish for dinner tonight.

Hope you're having a peaceful weekend.

No comments: