This is a holiday that has taken on new meaning since moving to our current hometown. I love the parade that the town puts on. But, not being much of a parade girl, I would not have come to know and love the parade had not Danielle and Norb lived on a street that is on the parade route.
So now we have a deepening tradition of spending the 4th with them. We enjoy the parade and then feast.
Brass bands, string bands, bagpipes, drum corps, classic cars, Spiderman atop a white stretch limo, capoeira, and a slew of town and municipal groups representing, it's a wonderful stream of sights and sounds. There's a sense of community, and unity, that can't be beat. (I didn't get any pictures of the band because I was holding Leo...a win-win for me...I got to hold my favorite baby and soak in some great music.)
Hope you had a great day whether you observed the holiday or not.
No comments:
Post a Comment