Tuesday, June 19, 2012

And so it begins


Here I am again at the first day of the rest of my life.  A post by Gluten-Free Goddess resonated yesterday...I appreciated what she mused about time.

I've been eating sugar and not only grains, but gluten, like a lunatic.  To "party" before the change.  (Lunacy = continuing to party even though it makes you feel like crap.)

On the precipice, here I am:

• grouchy (just ask my suffering partner...he's the one that gets lashed with my acid tongue).

• mucousy.

• teary eyes (not from crying).

• fuzzy mind.

• during butt punches I could feel my butt getting warm from the outside yet felt no internal heat.  I'll call this: wall of non-feeling very impermeable.  in other words, energy channels are blocked and/or stagnant.  in other words, internal inflammation flourishing.

• weight: 164 lbs.  (the least of my problems, really, but the return of the pendulum is hard to ignore.)

Changes afoot:

• deleted my e-mail inbox from 800 to 700.  by end of week down to under 100?  10?

• good time for a tv break.  the kids and I are watching Next Food Network Star but most of my shows are on hiatus.  True Blood was kind of a dud last night.  but I may watch it for Tara.  Breaking Bad starts July 15.

• last day of Whole30 will be July 18.  so yes, quieting down the tv screen for the next 30 days.

• perhaps the computer screen will quiet down, too.

• pushing myself to practice Qigong and go outside every day, even if it is just for 20 minutes or a walk around the block.

• specific work for the family: create a new budget by July 1, continue declutter, plan out summer homeschooling.

• specific personal work: get started with highly sensitive reading and modules, push to really consider a knitting project.

Peace and love.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm knitting a hypotenuse scarf for a July 19th birthday delivery. I have a "go-to" long term knitting project - a really big log cabin blanket - that may be done by Christmas. A friend just announced he's expecting his first in September, so I'll try my hand at some baby knitting. And a very gracious, kind acquaintance has a birthday in January that I'm planning on knitting a lace shawl in time for. I'm finally getting organized and focused in my knitting. It feels good!

Best to you and yours during your Whole30! I'm planning on dropping 10lbs by July 18th. I'll be with you in spirit :-)

Anna said...

Power surge from me to you. You can do it, babe. xo Anna

shirley said...

Thanks you two! xoxo