CSAmazing.
Cap worked the CSA clean up shift this week. By the time he got home with the veg and fruit, the big cast iron skillet was waiting for some greens to cook up in the rendered fat from the pastured beef sliders I'd made the boys for dinner.
Here is the komatsuna, an Asian mustard green, with some luscious scallion (from the farm, as well). Sautéed in beef fat and seasoned with salt and pepper. Yum. Sag ate it all with nary a word. Gem ate a tiny bit.
We will be in the city today with Jamie, visiting godmother extraordinaire. I will be packing food for snack, lunch and dinner.
2 comments:
Wonderful photo. All the food has been delicious since I've been here. Thank you!
You are so welcome. If you come back in the Fall sometime there will be more cooking (and baking) for sure :-) The hot weather definitely put a crimp in time spent in the kitchen.
Post a Comment