Monday, June 04, 2012

You start with what you have


This is what I thought we'd be doing this morning.  Running lots of errands.  Including some to prepare for Gem's birthday weekend.  Which, with all the hubbub of late, has snuck up on me a bit.

But, one of us is under the weather figuratively (Sag) and one of us is under the weather literally (me) and I am letting go of the expectations and rolling with what is, instead.



I am trying to embrace their peaceful ways and be in the present.  I am still recovering from a really icky bringing-in-the-garbage-and-recycling-cans experience where I encountered what smelled like a broken open bag of vomit and somehow ended up with hands that smelled like poop.  One of those times it really sucks to be a super smeller.

Just found this fun tie-in to the kids' study of Mesopotamia.  Oh, and we watched Free Willy: Escape From Pirate's Cove yesterday to tie into Sag's study of dolphins and orcas yesterday.  It was solidly good fare.

Rock out in peace.

No comments: