I firmly believe that art is in the eye of the beholder. That we bring our own gestalt to a work of art and that this can mean that what we think/how we feel about a piece can change even from moment to moment. I don't consider my photos "works of art". But, I do enjoy the gestalt of creating. And do think of myself as participating in the experience of being artful by taking, tinkering with and sharing my photos.
This one appealed to me almost right away for reasons pretty specific. It struck me as still life-like. My mom's Japanese tatami mat room (which she uses to teach tea ceremony), the silk rug they brought back from a trip to China, the latest uchiwa (Japanese paper fan), the Japanese electronic game device...and to stretch it, Asian-American me.
2 comments:
I dig that groovy tomato fan.
:-)
Post a Comment