Monday, June 11, 2012

Mid tide

The outrageous storm of activity leading up to and continuing through the weekend calmed down nicely today.  It was so hectic and I was so depleted that I just now realized I didn't take a birthday portrait of Gem yesterday.  Le sigh.

(Thank you for your gifts and well wishes.  He had a wonderful birthday.)

Onward.

This morning I had a lovely breakfast with Donna.  My first bit of friend/me time since Cap's return from Japan.  It has been a gorgeously breezy and sunny day and we ate al fresco.

This afternoon the kids played Minecraft with Lucy.  It was her first solo visit here and things went swimmingly.

waiting for Lucy.

 before.
 
Cap helped me pull down all the linens and such from the closet shelves in the bathroom.  We sorted and organized.  Then I went through the medicine cabinet, under the sink and through the bins of miscellany by myself.  I was dragging by the end, it took hours and produced a full heavy duty trash bag of junk.

End result?  I am beginning to fall back in love with our apartment.  It really does have some character and the nooks and crannies hold a lot of appeal for me.  (When you can really see and enjoy them!)
 
And, inhabiting these decluttered and reorganized spaces?  I can breathe.  Deeply.






Peace and love.

1 comment:

Julie_c said...

Ah - the joys of decluttering.