Going off sugar, honey and maple syrup, I have found myself turning to fruit for sweetness. As it turns out, the timing has been perfect. We picked up our 10lbs. of local organic blueberries from our CSA this week and the local low spray fruit orchard had cherries for a second week in a row! (She thought they'd only have enough for one week this year.)
I am noticing a difference in my satiation point. On Wednesday, despite my gaseous distress, I scarfed down 3/4 of the container of dried apricots. By yesterday, I knew I could survive on fruit other than apricots and was eating blueberries by the handful (and a well-timed pear).
This morning, I've had a few blueberries and a few Bings and I am content. It's still early in the day, but, WOW. I kind of can't believe what a difference I am feeling.
Peace and love and summer fruit.

No comments:
Post a Comment