Lunch was pastured beef sliders, half an avocado and local organic blueberries. Yum is an understatement. The burger was nice and brown on the other side, this side looks kind of anemic...the flavor was anything but. The blueberries are from downstate. This time every year we can special order them through our CSA. I freeze most of them, but we will be enjoying some fresh this week.
One thing I hate to waste is the rendered fat from cooking up the sliders. Because the meat is of such clean quality, the fat is a form of liquid (nutritional) gold. (Along with breast milk and homemade pastured chicken stock.) I will often use the fat to sauté greens. I didn't have the energy to wash and prep greens so instead, I cracked three pastured eggs into the reheated fat and scrambled them with some Sunny Paris. Protein on the ready for later.
Peace and yummy nom noms.
No comments:
Post a Comment