Saturday, June 30, 2012

Whole30 food : : 12


I wish I had thought to take a photo of my lunch at Terra today.  But, I was grooving on the slow food vibe and some unexpected time alone while I waited for Donna.  And it never even occurred to me.  I tend to think of this as a good thing...except for the fact that I literally cannot share it with you now.

Instead, I was happy to order just a salad (kind of unthinkable in my pre-Whole30 days) with a protein boost of hard-boiled egg.  I savored a Persian Nectar iced tea.  I perused the fair trade wares and picked up some gifts.  I bought a sweet potato for my next sausage frittata.

I'm not going to lie, my eyes definitely lingered over the selection of prettily wrapped dark chocolates across the café.  But, I didn't feel any physical craving.  None.  It actually made me feel a little lonesome.  (Not analyzing that one!)

My friend arrived as I was tucking into my luscious green salad spiked with dill with sliced egg on top.  We fell into talking immediately.  No thoughts of photographing food whatsoever.

So, today, I have a photo I took yesterday, of a meal I had again tonight for dinner.  Except today I added a big dollop of guacamole to the mix.  This is baked chicken thigh/leg with sautéed komatsuna.  (I love the jellied bits...yum.)

No comments: