cheddar cheese eggs and "Japanese" pork.
The "Japanese" pork is Berkshire pork kiriotoshi from Mitsuwa. Kiriotoshi literally means "cut and dropped". These are the pieces left over from portioning/slicing off larger cuts of this tasty meat. It's still $14/lb, but a 1/2 lb of these delectable and thin slices cooks up in a breeze and is enough to feed the kids and me ($2.50/serving). (I just sauté in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.)
I have some lamb in the freezer that I may stew this week before going off meat for six weeks. I plan on savoring my milky teas this week. I will peruse my paper and digital files for recipes and plan out a week or two of veg and fruit heavy dishes.
My efforts in planning and preparing gluten-free and Paleo/Primal meals for our weekend in Massachusetts really paid off. Two coolers and two sacks for two nights and three days. Oh, yes.
We went out to dinner Friday night with Jake and Evie (Cap's dad and his companion). Gem chose the restaurant, a Japanese-Chinese restaurant he likes (here he is at the restaurant's original location in 2003...we took him out to lunch after his very first day at preschool).
I had tuna tataki and an avocado and "crab" salad. The crabstick is made with wheat. I knew that it did and decided to order it anyway.
for a kick, compare this pic with the shot of him yesterday titled "flow"!
hint: here is studying a mini-poster of his then passion, Thomas and friends.
And I felt great. Gem, too.
Sleeping away from home generally means less quality sleep. And sitting in the car for five hours in each direction... It all adds up, but I have been feeling good. I was very present all weekend and took delight in so much. Back home, I haven't been plagued by the usual lethargy post-trip. (The marathon tv-watching tiredness was a separate issue.)
Vinny noted today how responsive my body/system is (I like to think "springy" or "bouncy"). The chaotic transition time seems to be making way for some good Spring rebirth.
Peace and love.
Sleeping away from home generally means less quality sleep. And sitting in the car for five hours in each direction... It all adds up, but I have been feeling good. I was very present all weekend and took delight in so much. Back home, I haven't been plagued by the usual lethargy post-trip. (The marathon tv-watching tiredness was a separate issue.)
Vinny noted today how responsive my body/system is (I like to think "springy" or "bouncy"). The chaotic transition time seems to be making way for some good Spring rebirth.
Peace and love.


No comments:
Post a Comment