Perhaps I should explain...
First off, I love the way our big table looks in the lamplight when it is dark outside. (I like lamplight in general.)
After our late dinner, the kids were settling into bed to draw. I was doing an evening putter straightening the sofa cushions, getting Gem to come back out to hang up his sweatshirt and put away his books, sorting through the mail...
I literally almost tossed the large, thick envelope bordered in a dark blue triangle pattern that looked so generically "official" that I thought it was an advertisement.
In time, I realized the packet contained the tax documents generated by our extremely capable accountant, who we had met with over the weekend.
Yes, our new accountant!
Thanks to Kelly (who also introduced me to Vinny), we have a new accountant. Thank you!
I have wanted to forge a relationship with a financial professional for a long time. But, it was critical to receive a recommendation I could trust. It was also important, as it turned out, to get to a certain level of financial literacy and competency myself, in order to truly be ready.
As I gazed at the neatly organized forms and envelopes, happy tears sprang to my eyes. I was so grateful...and proud. I've gotten us to a good looking and solid stepping stone. I am invigorated to continue on and see where our next leaps take us.
(In the meantime, thanks to our new accountant, we are paying less tax this year than last because of deductions we can take that we didn't know about. He's paid for himself and then some.)

2 comments:
Yep, a good accountant pays for him/her self for sure. Glad you finally went! Greg is a good guy :-)
I am so grateful to you for your wonderful friendship, your deep soul and warm heart mostest of all. And it is not lost on me that you have led me to both Vinny and now Greg. Thank you! xo
Post a Comment