Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Appliance adieu


A few years ago, we dug this hot water pot from...somewhere I don't remember.  It belonged to my parents.  It was made in Japan in...


(can you see?)  1992.  I knew it was old, and indeed, it is twenty years old.  Or rather...was.

It stopped working a couple of days ago.  It died a silent and sudden death.  Bummer.  We used this electric "pot" (as they are called in Japan) every day, multiple times a day.  We filled it in the morning, plugged it in, and had hot water available by the mug-full (or French press-full) for the rest of the day/night.

Part of me wants to run out to Mitsuwa as soon as possible to buy a new one.  But, the part of me thinking of the No Spend month/austerity budget is holding back.  This morning I boiled water for tea for the kids and me in a small pot on the stove.  And it was fine.  Of course.

R.I.P.  Handy dandy hot water pot.

No comments: