Tuesday, April 03, 2012

This and that

A few days ago, I said to a friend who asked me how I was doing, "I am feeling tired of being so sensitive to seemingly everything."

And then I kind of let it go...thinking, in part, it was the ranting of a PMS jag (though it came during my period...I'm calling it DMS) and not worth exploring.

But then, I mentioned it to Cap a few days later.

And then, this afternoon, I brought it up when I saw Vinny.

A few minutes ago, I went here and suddenly, I didn't think I was as crazy as I had started to recently feel.  (There is a lot of info at this site...the short of it is I was reminded of the world of HSP that is out there.)

It's a relief, just to take a breath (or two) and bathe in the positives and the actions available to me rather than the frenetic stabs of anxiety and confusion which can come with being very sensitive.

I've just requested this, this and this from the library.

: :    : :    : :

I spent the morning in the kitchen.  here are some pics.







I cannot get enough of this dressing.  But, I find the process of washing, drying and cutting (into thin ribbons) kale incredibly tedious.  So, I often think about this dressing, but choose not to make the salad.

*Ding*!  I had an epiphany over the weekend.  I could make the dressing and toss it with salad greens!  So far, the greens are holding up to the dressing nicely.  They may be soggy by tomorrow.  We shall see.

Gem is still not a fan of the protein smoothies.  But, I am continually adjusting and calibrating and he is reluctantly drinking them.  Sag and I find them quite yummy.

We brought home two of these 15 pound bags of organic "Japanese" rice (a California premium short grain rice) from Mitsuwa the other day.  I refilled our rice tub this morning and look forward to seeing whether the kids will notice a difference.  They sure do love their white rice and I have a feeling they will really enjoy this stuff.

Speaking of which, time to go put dinner together.  Have you tried quinoa pasta?  It's wonderful (and perfect for when I want a bit of grain...I am finding, so far, that quinoa doesn't make me bloat like rice does...and it doesn't make my brain foggy like wheat does.)

Oh shoot, I just noticed this stuff has corn in it (I had some at Donna's house last week).  My jury is still out on corn.  I don't feel any immediate negative results from consuming corn...but I do think it might have an addictive (sugar-y) effect on my chemistry.

Peace and love.

3 comments:

Susan Gurry said...

I think corn has a high-glycemic index....very sugary. I've been reducing/eliminating sugar/grains from my diet, and last Saturday I had a slice of bread with lunch....with almost-immediate sudden, heavy, sleepiness....yikes! I can thank you for helping me reduce sugar and grain....and I feel better!

shirley said...

Sue, thank you for sharing! I am so happy to hear you have had a positive result from reducing sugar and grains.

My next project is to do the same for the kids...

Jamie said...

I have the Highly Sensitive Person book, which you can borrow. I also have Quiet, but I have not read it yet.