Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Oy the aches

And so things unravel.  Painfully.  But with what I will insist on seeing as promise.

I slept just about eight hours last night!  And I woke of my own accord.  This meant a more peaceful waking.

But, there continue to be aches and tightness, inside and out.  My body feels "sick".  I do have a fear that one of these years I am going to push things too far.  As it is, with each passing year, my body is going to have to work harder and longer to heal...to expunge the stagnation and toxins that have built up.

Finally letting up on this last cycle of misuse and disuse of my system, my body is starting to, trying to, truly breathe again.  Masking agents are being unwoven, unwrapped.  Things are starting to hurt.  And show their age.  I am happy to respond to the drumbeats of revolt.  I hope it's not too late.

I lay down on the floor and stretched out my lower back and hips.  How is it possible that I haven't "felt" how incredibly bound up I am?  Ow, ow, and ow.  Miasma of sedentary-life sludge.  Slow slosh as my knees and hips rock side to side.

My stomach is bloated and hard and hot.  Ew.  Dead animal full of gas comes to mind.  Double ew.

I am so worn.  I go into Dragon Standing Between Heaven and Earth while on my back just to combat the creeping dismay.  This clears and inspires me enough to stand up and do 30 Toe Dances and 20 Kick Forwards.  I feel more grounded.  My hands reach for my belly and my flesh is pliable and soft again.

Qigong, I'm telling you.  This stuff is like magic.

So, I'm up and at 'em.  My shoulders and the spot where my neck meets my back, are heavy, tight and hurt (yesterday it was my neck...progress?)  I am hungry now, but my stomach also has that acidy hollow feel to it (I forgot, and have been reminded, that yogurt doesn't really agree with me...I just don't feel good after eating it).  My mood is hopeful peeking out from temples and brow that also feel heavy with a bit of ache mixed in.

Today will be my third day of being essentially grain- and white sugar-free.  For me, it will not be enough for a solid reset of how my body processes grains/sugar (I'm using information from Dr. Mercola's book here).  My blood sugar and cholesterol readings from my last blood draw (about a year ago) indicated my body was starting to have trouble processing what was coming in.  I know that I am unwell enough to put my body through a more thorough detox.

So, I will keep going.  My birthday is about six months from now, my gentle and hopeful parameter.

1 comment:

JET said...

A lot of my aches come from sitting at the computer too long. I need to get back into a routine of doing yoga or maybe trying out Qigong. Glad it's working for you.