Thursday, August 11, 2011

And so begins another day

tea again.

I fell back asleep sometime 'round 5:30.  Gem checked in with me 'round 7:30 to say his throat hurt, but he left me alone after that and I slept till 8:00 when Sag bounced into me to morning greet me (Mama Bear, what are you doing sleeping in my bed?)

So I slept for three hours, was up for two hours, then fell back asleep for two and a half.  I'm tired, but I have a reserve of energy I've built up just from the three days/nights of these new habits.  I noticed last night during common meal at Donna's that I had more mind clarity (as opposed to mind fog) than I usually do.  I definitely had more energy for that time of evening.

In the weak morning light of the kitchen, while heating water for Gem's cold prevention tea (poor guy feels pretty crappy), I put together the marinade for the flank steak, nestled that baby right into it, and slid it into the fridge.  Looking forward to that later.  Yum.

Now, we three are in the living room, windows thrown open to a cooler morning (it has been a hot summer, this is such welcome relief).  Gem and I sip our tea, the boys are reading comics, Cap sleeps for now in between bouts of the final copyediting of his book (should be finishing today, yay!)

We have a beautiful, quiet day stretching ahead of us.

No comments: