For real.
And in other news (all interrelated in this mind-body dance):
• dropped the kids off at Tiina's this morning and had a date morning. very nice to get one in before going away for a week. included food shopping :-)
• made flank steak for the road. finally had some ginger to put in the marinade, the kids asked for it to be left out next time.
• made zucchini pancakes for myself. between wanting to use the zucchini up from last week's CSA share and Cap making latkes tonight (Gem wanted latke sandwiches for his road food) and coming across a recipe for them while vetting nearly 1000 e-mails yesterday, it was destiny. they didn't come out perfect...many of them stuck to the pan. but they taste pretty good. (I subbed almond meal for the GF flour called for.)
• thought I'd made the last garlic scape pesto of the season already, but I made another batch today. a small one, with a better quality olive oil, and man, is it yummy. I really love this stuff.
• the kids are loving these Moomin comic collections I found at the library.
• it's been a busy day and there's more to come. cooking up ground turkey (for a future sauce in MA), haircuts for all three boys, folding loads of laundry (eventually...there's been a line at the machines), and packing.
• various plans are being made...I am so looking forward to time with family and friends in the great Commonwealth.
• asked Vinny for Qigong homework and got it. I am all set with my Qigong and herbs regimen for my week away.
Peace and love.

1 comment:
Great photo! Your mind-body dance of late is definitely working for you.
Looking forward to catching up with everyone.
Have a safe trip!
Post a Comment