Saturday, August 20, 2011

Song love

Listening to a mix of Christopher's...love this kind of thing.  Thank you, technology...and friends who use it.

Well, as things shift, there will be inevitable vibration here at the blog.  Like two days without a post.  I am noticing that I am spending less time at screens.  (One notable exception being the tv.  I am watching a slew of shows.)  iPhone solitaire is a much less popular past time.  Increase in mind-body connectivity decrease in all sorts of compulsive behavior.

Thursday the kids and I spent the day with Tiina and her kids who are back from Finland.  September will be bittersweet as all three of her kids will begin school.

Yesterday I tackled a couple of housekeeping items like renewing the car registration and getting a quote for renter's insurance.  I thought a trip to the doctor was in store for Gem, but the mystery pain in his belly was gone, and he reported feeling fine.  Owen came over for massive Minecrafting (before they go away for a week the same time we do).  By late afternoon, Gem was too wiped for Leo's birthday party.  Sag went with Cap, game for three hours at Funplex.

This morning I went to the farmer's market solo.  Picked up flank steak, ground turkey, kielbasy, ewegurt, sheep's milk cheese (Manchego-like) and fresh mozzarella.  No veggies, which was kind of funny.  But, my mind was on protein, specifically for our upcoming road trip, and to carry us through part of the week once we are in MA.  (While with our family up there we will have fresh eggs from "the girls" every day!)

Thank you for reading.  I feel a lot of love for/from you all, especially you regulars.

As Summer winds down and since I will be away for a week starting Monday, here is my Summer Shimmer 2011 Mix.  Some of the tunes moving my body and heart this season.

Lovely Day by Bill Withers

If You Run by The Boxer Rebellion

Tipitina and Me by Allen Toussaint

Big Sur by Jay Farrar and Ben Gibbard

Champion Angel by The Low Anthem

Feels Like Rain by John Hiatt

Won't Want For Love by The Decemberists

I'll Try Anything Once by Julian Casablancas

Never Stop by The Bad Plus

Dynamite by Son Volt

Where Are You (I Am Already Gone) by Kate Tucker

Sometimes When We Touch by Dan Hill

Will You Love Me Tomorrow by Carole King

A Whiter Shade of Pale by Procol Harum

Peace and love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thx for listening to me mix, blogging me name, and sharing your own tunes. xo cthx for listening to me mix, blogging me name, and sharing your own tunes. xo c