Thursday, August 11, 2011

Hot flashing

So this is what it is like to be woken by hot flashes. 

Hot, toss, turn, go pee, hot, toss, turn, move to another bed with less bodies, hot, toss, turn, rub various hot points of pain/stagnation on back (the ones I can reach), feel some relief, think I will fall asleep, hot, toss, turn, hot toss, turn, feel open to experience, think of Kelly, think of Danielle, hot, toss, turn, really start to sweat, decide to get up for a  bit.

 

2 comments:

Susan Gurry said...

Yup, it really, really sucks....I tried everything! Just had to ride it out...and I went through it twice...for two years after my hysterectomy/oophorectomy when I was 34, then for two years after I got off the hormones that they finally managed to tweak enough to keep me comfortable...I went on the hormones because I was 34 when I lost my ovaries, and hormone therapy helps preserve bone health, and my mom had osteoporosis an being thin and Causcasian and of Northern European ancestry I was at risk.

And my bones suck anyway now!

So drink your teas, practice, and I found meditation helped. It helped with the anxiety of, "Am I going to be alert enough tomorrow to actually think?" Being kind to yourself helps also.

shirley said...

Thanks Sue!