Friday, January 04, 2013

Miracles

"Around us, life bursts forth with miracles---a glass of water, a ray of sunshine, a leaf, a caterpillar, a flower, laughter, raindrops.  If you live in awareness, it is easy to see miracles everywhere.  Each human being is a multiplicity of miracles.  Eyes that see thousands of colors, shapes, and forms; ears that hear a bee flying or a thunderclap; a brain that ponders a speck of dust as easily as the entire cosmos; a heart that beats in rhythm with the heartbeat of all beings.  When we are tired and feel discouraged by life's daily struggles, we may not notice these miracles, but they are always there."  ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

What a great meditation to wake up to.

I woke up feeling dull and thirsty.  It's cloudy.  The (drying) heat has been cranking because it has been so cold outside.

I felt hungry.  The Paleo shift has my system in a tizzy.  It literally seems to be confused.  I have spells of feeling very hungry and then not at all and then hungry and then not again...in the span of a few minutes.

(Overall it has been a smooth transition.  Barely any headache, no body ache...in fact, my overall stiffness is receding quickly due to diet change and the little bit of walking and Qigong, and deeper sleep...though I am not falling to sleep easily yet.)

Thinking of food got me thinking about another job for me: putting together a binder of Paleo recipes.  I bought the Nom Nom Paleo iPad app the other day, but I still lean heavily towards paper recipes and cookbooks.  I've bookmarked a ton of Paleo recipes in the last year that I have not tried.  I think that I would if they were in paper form in a handy organizer.  Also, food planning, would be made easier.

(Another job: decluttering food planning and food shopping protocols and practices.  A needed first step towards writing a new household budget...which brings us to job number seven?)

So, within a quick few minutes of waking up, alive and well, this morning, I was blah this blah that.  I had a nice message back from a friend on Facebook, but it was the tail end of a "talk" (through typing) we had last night because she had been blindsided with some news that had her feeling really bad...

Then, the meditation.  A simple reminder about miracles.  Gratitude bloomed within me.  I was filled with deep breath.

Peace and love.

P.S.  The meditations come from Your True Home by Thich Nhat Hahn.

No comments: