Thursday, January 31, 2013

Elbow


I have cooking elbow.  My right elbow and forearm have been issuing communication/protest for a couple of months now.  Vinny thinks it all started with knitting way. way back.  I know that it has been exacerbated by my computer use, recent hair pulling, and more recent, marathon cooking.

This morning I made my third pot roast in three days.  No further roasts are planned.  If more folks get sick next week, I will come up with another dish.  This is very much like me.  When I like/enjoy something I do it obsessively (without thinking).  Soon enough I tire of it and move onto the next thing.

I also made another batch of Brussels sprouts with bacon and kimchee.  And a pan of date walnut bars (half will go to the sickies getting the pot roast).

Sag loved yesterday's pork.  He has been enjoying pulled pork sandwiches with mayo.  Gem is still under the weather.  We have leftovers to cover dinners so I am going to give this elbow some rest and, finally, settle down with a book (never happened yesterday).

Peace and love.

P.S.  Gem wants to read Animal Farm.  I'm picking it up for him at the library in the next few days.  Poignant squeeze of the heart.  This is the first time he wants to read a book I read while at Hunter (for school).

2 comments:

JET said...

Hope your elbow is feeling better. That is a lot of cooking you've been doing.

shirley said...

How is FL? xoxo