Mise-en-place makes me happy. A morning Americano makes me happy, too.
I ditched my plans to go to Trader Joe's this morning. I want to conserve money and realized that we don't need anything from there for the week.
Instead, I gave my attention to making Brussels sprouts with bacon and kimchi (I did not follow the recipe exactly). And was rewarded mightily. It was satisfying to the senses and soul every step of the way. Yum.
I also decided to bake the kids a loaf of banana bread. This is a favorite of theirs that, more often than not, strikes me as having just a few too many steps to make it "go to". But, we had ripe bananas and I am focusing on using what we have/spending less/wasting less...it was a happy convergence.
The apartment smells lovely, that sweet and warm banana bread aroma hanging in the air. Off to make some lunches, then an appointment with Vinny. Then, back to the kitchen for some dinner prep and, perhaps, a Paleo loaf of fruit bread.
Peace.

1 comment:
My massage therapist gave me some banana bread last night! I love it but have never made it myself. Instead the ripe bananas go into smoothies :-)
Post a Comment