This meditation comes at a good time. Today I voiced out loud the dipping of my happy chemicals. I have an intuition that it is tied to lack of dairy. But, I have not been taking my gentle walks, nor have I been practicing. Or playing the piano. Any and all of those could give me a boost.
I've been waking bone tired. And I've been preoccupied with cooking. There are three stacks of cookbooks needing attention for organizing/decluttering...since Saturday evening. But, the day's duties call to me, too. Playing Risk for the first time. Feeding kids. Getting back to Math. Folding laundry.
Tomorrow, I walk.
Now, some photos...
Gem is my salad spinner spinner. Hoping to gain the habit, in 2013, of washing and drying lettuce on the weekend to have on hand for the week.
A friend gave me a set of four little ceramic bowls for Christmas. Perfect for mise-en-place, of which I am a strong supporter. I wish I had figured this out for myself sooner. Seems exactly the sort of thing my mom likely tried to teach me and I did not get.
Nom Nom Paleo's take on Leon's Caper and Anchovy Miracle Sauce. This was easy and quick to put together. It has two of my new best food friends (anchovies and capers) and I like it. I've had it so far with chicken and with raw red bell pepper. Definitely better with the chicken.
I love a hot breakfast. A bowl of Melissa Joulwan's Moroccan Meatballs with bonus pastured egg poached while reheating the meatballs. Next time I make this dish, I will reduce or eliminate the parsley in the meatballs. I am finding it overpowering. I know, overpowering lamb. This should never happen. The meatballs are not tender. I am certain this had to be due to my lack of finesse. We shall see. The tomato sauce is lovely. Truly. The egg added all sorts of wonderful. Gem did not like this dish. Sag thought it was okay. (He likes the Hungarian Goulash, they both love the Rogan Josh.)
Risk has been on Gem's radar ever since he played it once at a homeschool library gathering. We finally got it together and had Cap's mom give this to Gem for Christmas this year. We started playing last night and finished this morning. It's an interesting game.
About once a season, we make a trip to the big Japanese supermarket on the Hudson River. We stock up on key staples like rice and Pokemon gum. Gem fell in love with these grilled rice crackers when we went to Japan a couple of years ago. We buy bags and bags of them on our Mitsuwa runs.
Peace and tasty tidbits.


No comments:
Post a Comment