A quick jot while the kitchen cools down.
The boys and I spent a chunk of time at Kmart and Whole Paycheck. I got myself one of those chairs that folds right up and goes in a sack you can sling over your shoulder. I'm hoping that will get me to the pool more. I bought pool passes to the town pool again this year and am determined to get there regularly. Kmart did not come through on my main objective: a new Brita filter pitcher. (What I really want is this, but we don't have the money or space for it right now.)
At Whole Paycheck, Sag waited very patiently for a turn with the cheese guy. He had samples of smoked gouda and a new-to-him cheese, Amadeus. He really liked the Amadeus so we got some of that and some d'Affinois which was on sale. It was interesting watching him...I could completely understand the allure of cheese and appreciated the devotion in his process. But, my own history with cheese, my passion for it...had been completely disconnected at the chemical/physical level. I literally could leave it. Had no interest in taking part. And, unlike my experience with the chocolate on day 12, I did not feel a shred of loneliness being set apart from all those cheeses.
Wow. I guess that's what they mean by rewiring the brain.
After loading up with stuff for dinner and beyond (it always goes beyond, especially at the big and shiny Whole Paycheck in a neighboring town), I treated myself to an iced Americano. Zowee! That is strong! But, good...flavorful and hearty. Taking baby sips.
The kitchen should be cooled down by now. Off to clean out and reorganize the fridge and make some lunch. Then, on to getting ready for common meal.
Peace.


No comments:
Post a Comment