Sunday, July 08, 2012

Whole30 food : 20


Last night we had our traditional night-before-our-friends-leave-for-Germany-for-the-summer dinner.  I realized the menu was Whole30 compliant except for the buns (and condiments) so I snapped a pic.  This was a meal gobbled up by all, Paleo or not.  The kids were silent for the fifteen minutes or so it took for them to enjoy their burgers.  A special kind of quiet.

Turkey burgers (seasoned with granulated garlic, onion flakes, salt and pepper), baked sweet potato fries, new pickles, tomatoes, red leaf lettuce (from the farm), watermelon, and Udi's GF burger buns.  

(Incidentally, I do have recipes for Paleo mayo and ketchup.  Haven't made them yet, though...and my guess is that the kids would not love them right away...especially the ketchup.)

I topped my burger with tomato and used several leaves of lettuce as my "bun".  It was delicious.

So was relaxing with friends while we watched the kids play and enjoy each other.



Peace.

2 comments:

JET said...

Looks yummy. The turkey burgers we had were the best I've ever had!

shirley said...

:-) I think these are going to become a regular menu item...though Gem doesn't love them. he prefers the beef sliders.