Thursday, July 19, 2012

More data

I weighed myself this morning.  156.  Not the stunning rate of weight loss of August-September '11 when I cut refined sugar and grains from my diet.  Back then I dropped 15 lbs. in a month or so, something pretty outrageous.  This time it was 8 lbs. in 30 days.

This afternoon I meet with my doctor.  I am so curious about what my blood work showed!

Here are my before and after Whole30 shots.



Definitely less chubby/puffy.  You know what's scary?  How unstrong and unhappy I feel contrary to how I am posing/looking in these photos.


6 comments:

Jamie said...

Looking good on the outside. Hope you start feeling better on the inside.

A friend had these 2 articles posted on facebook about weight loss and "healthy eating."

http://www.vegsource.com/news/2012/07/how-did-chef-aj-lose-all-that-weight-she-gave-up-nuts.html

https://www.facebook.com/notes/jeff-novick-ms-rd/a-date-with-disaster-the-pleasure-trap-of-whole-natural-foods/10150918865496819/url]

The first article grabbed my attention because I love nuts! As I read the article it mentioned avacado and I thought of you :-)

I'm also interested in hearing what your blood results have to say.

Take care,

jamie

shirley said...

I'll keep you posted! Thanks for the articles and the well wishes. Something was shifted when I saw Vinny yesterday. A generalized anxiety has descended on me and I can't shake it!

Jamie said...

Sorry to hear about your anxiety. I have had it for almost 2 years now. It's definitely worse during pms but not a fun feeling to have. I hope you can find some time to relax and breathe. Maybe you can just sit outside and find some peace.

shirley said...

Thanks, Jamie.

Susan Gurry said...

I had a thought looking at your photo. You have such a natural smile that makes you beautiful. And it hides what is going on inside....you look so 'everything is so sunny and I am so happy' that belies your anxiety and stress.

I wish you well in your health endeavors....and I hope the blood tests give you some much-needed information!

Julie_c said...

Good for you for sticking with the program and losing the weight.