Monday, July 09, 2012

Whole30 food : : 21


Our afternoon/evening in the city was really great.  The movie was intense and beautiful and heartbreaking and life giving.  It was incredibly well crafted and impressively honest.  It was both stunningly quiet and jarringly loud.  Very much worth seeing on the big screen.


It was wonderful being out and about in the summery city.  I was happy.  Traffic was a breeze getting in and out, we found a perfect and free parking spot, we talked about the movie in the shade of a stand of trees sitting on a granite bench...

And dinner with family was lovely.  I loved the pork belly and diver scallop "tacos" (I requested salad greens in lieu of the corn tortillas) and the guacamole was scrumptious.  I did not feel deprived for a moment, even when the churros came out for dessert.  I was satisfied.  I thought it would be hard to be around gluten-y sugar-y foods...and it was not...at all.

And it didn't feel weird.  Just normal.



6 comments:

Julie_c said...

What was the movie?

Jamie said...

I can't remember the name of the movie but I remember seeing that image in EW and reading the blurb about it. It looked like it would be a good (intense) movie. They said the little girl was vey good in it.

I love the photo of you. You look so stylish and carefree!

Glad you had a great time out with the family.

shirley said...

Thanks, Julie. The movie was called The Beasts of the Southern Wild. It's on a limited release which is why we had to go into the city to see it. I love that still image, which was used for the poster.

I felt so carefree! And "dressed"! I want to start integrating that more into my life again...

shirley said...

Oops, Jamie, I didn't see the second comment was from you, thought it was Julie, too.

Thank *you* :-)

The little girl in the movie was breathtaking.

Susan Gurry said...

You certainly look beautiful 'dressed'...yes, do that more often! It will lift your spirit! Being at home does not mean you can't dress well....cute!

shirley said...

Thank you, Sue! Once the kids came I couldn't be bothered to think about my own personal style. (Except shoes...I have always continued to buy great shoes :-) But, yes, I feel something shifting and look forward to revamping my wardrobe!