Last night's dinner. I have thoroughly been enjoying quesadillas with brown rice wraps. This one had the last of the garlic scape pesto in it. So so yummy. I am ready to go back to no sugar after a few nights of ice cream. And just about ready to go back to no grains. Thinking on the no dairy...
Purple basil. So very pretty. I love the color combination of purple and green. This basil, from the farm, was incredibly fragrant.
I cleaned out the fridge and found quite a bit of salad turnips in there. The tails had fuzzy white mold on them. Washed, peeled and sliced. Pickled in a ziplock with salt. So very easy.
Sautéed summer squash with an onion (all from the farm). Used ghee and Penzey's Tuscan Sunset and a bit of salt.
Made two pitchers of iced tea: Raspberry Earl and Ambrosia Plum.
That purple and green thing I was telling you about. Love love love it. Fresh and tender lettuce is high on my list of reasons to be part of a CSA or get your produce from the farmer's market.
Pesto made with purple and green basil. Garlic, toasted pine nuts, salt and olive oil.
Put together a meat sauce for the kids with pastured ground sirloin, olive oil, granulated garlic, onion flakes and a jar of Amy's family marinara. Gem likes his on rice, Sag prefers pizza toast. The cherry toms are from Muth Farm and available at Terra. They are amazing.
Roasted broccoli with Applegate Farm thick-cut bacon (my favorite of what is locally available). I made a big batch for tonight and had some for lunch.
Aaaaand time. (Went over by a few minutes.)









No comments:
Post a Comment