Friday, October 29, 2010

Unwritten

Apparently this singer as nominated for a Grammy in 2007 for this song.  I had never heard of Natasha Bedingfield or this song, Unwritten, until my friend Mali shared it with me on Facebook as a song that makes her happy.

All signs should have pointed to my prompt dismissal of this song.  But, I love it.  It's one of those pop tunes that burrowed right to my brain to a sweet spot.  (A reason why I keep in mind to not cling too tightly to any "should"s.)

6 comments:

Julie_c said...

You must not have been listening to the pop radio stations then. It was ALL OVER the place.

For me it's just an 'Eh.'

shirley said...

I very rarely listen to commercial radio. When it comes to pop tunes I am often behind the times :-)

Did you like Hey Now Now? I thought you might like that one.

Susan Gurry said...

I, too, love this song. But then again, with two recently teen-age children, I have started listening to pop radio again. Too many of my age-mates were only listening to the oldies stations, and too much NPR makes my head hurt.I also sneakily watch "Access Hollywood" About the current pop music and TV stars...

And EC is totally into indie music, so I also listen to that.

But I'd recommend Jewel's songs from a couple of years ago (Don't have time to try to find them now). She was pretty much right on.

ANd I admit I LOVE Katy Perry and Snoop Dog's "California Gurls" from this past summer. SUch a fun party song! It makes me sing out loud!

shirley said...

I liked some Jewel songs back in the day. I didn't love her song at the Academy awards.

I love Hot n' Cold by Katy perry. Will have to check that Snoop Dog song out. I enjoyed his True Blood tribute song. :-)

Julie_c said...

I don't know Hey Now Now by the title. Who's it by? I also like Katy Perry. California Gurls is growing on my but I enjoy Teenage Dream.

shirley said...

I posted Hey Now Now three posts before Unwritten if you want to check it out :-)