Saturday, October 01, 2011

This and that


At the Farmer's Market.  Inspired by Daniel, Gem sampled some pickles.  He ended up getting a lemonade at The Bread Company.  Sag got a cinnamon bun (Tree-licious was sold out of cider donuts).  Daniel got a horseradish pickle on a stick.  The three of them loved the generous free samples of kielbasy, too.  It was enlightening because the kids have not liked the same kielbasy when I served it to them at home.  I wondered if it was the deliciousness of food enjoyed outdoors, but Gem pointed out that it might be that they were grilled.  So I bought some more and cooked them up on our new cast iron stovetop grill and lo and behold, they loved it.


At Theo's birthday party.  Sag had a wonder-full day.  He got to play with an electric bass (that's a bass, right?), a real bow and arrows, and a real whip.  He was in heaven.  (Thank you to cousin Kyle who made it all possible!)


Also at Theo's party.  My sister by marriage (on the right) and my sister in spirit.  These two became friends over twenty years ago and we met Jamie through Jay.  Jamie is one of Sag's godmothers and has been a big part of both boys' lives and looms large in their hearts.  I loved getting this snapshot of these old buds.  The affection just oozes.


Declutter 2011 has begun!  I am tres excited.  Cap's presence and cooperation are making the process more efficient and focused.  We'll be doing the whole apartment, room by room, an afternoon here, an afternoon there.  It's going to take awhile, but we are committed.  I am so looking forward to see how things unfold in terms of increased simplicity and cleaner air.

This evening we're having some split culture.  Sag was interested in this show and is having an evening out with Cap (my so-far-not-really-a-bad-cold kept me home).  Gem and I are home watching this:


Happy weekending to you.  Peace and love.

4 comments:

JET said...

The boys did look like they were having fun at the birthday party. I missed the outdoor fun as I was catching up with Jay and everyone else. You all definitely make me feel as if I am part of the family. Never grew up with sisters but love having you "sisters" in my life as I got older.

The book shelf looks amazingly organized! As with you I'm trying to slowly clean the apartment of clutter.

I have a lousy cold. Hoping to lay low today and hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

Take care,
jamie

shirley said...

Oh you are part of the family. What you feel is real :-) We all had a great time that weekend. The whirlwind trip was well worth it.

I hope you feel better soon. The dust we kicked up yesterday has definitely had a negative impact on my respiratory system...feeling it today.

Good luck with your decluttering, too. It doesn't look to the outside eye like you have much to declutter, but most of us do have extraneous stuff that is no longer meaningful/useful that occupies our space.

Love you!

Susan Gurry said...

Oh, I am trying so hard to get motivated to de-clutter! But it feels so overwhelming....yesterday I was going to start and wasted away the day....unusual for me. Have you read this blog? (Maybe I got the link from you?):

http://brooks-palmer.blogspot.com/

Susan

shirley said...

Sue, you might have gotten that link from my friend Shannon, maybe in a comment form my blog.

For me, getting Cap on board as a partner in this was critical. It was too overwhelming to do on my own. He has been a great emotional support, as well as, physical.

This has been years in coming with more downs than ups...not to be discouraging, but just to say that it can take a long time and I wish you the fortitude. Good luck!