Friday, October 14, 2011

More chimichurri, please


Chimichurri has been such a wonderful discovery.  There was a vibrant bunch of parsley nestled amongst the CSA veg and I knew immediately what I would do with it.  Tossed it into the mini-food processor with a bit of chopped onion, a big ass clove of garlic, some salt and a couple of grinds of Euro pepper (a mix of black and white).  Then I drizzled in about 1/4 cup of my fancy olive oil and yum.

I had some for lunch atop the yellowfin tuna Norb's boss caught on Sunday.


I also made some veggie soup in chicken stock for Gem.  He is under the weather.  I tossed in ginger and garlic to help his immune system fight back against what is ailing him.  He is resting now.

I took about an hour to myself this morning to pick up Danielle's birthday gifts.  A book at my beloved indie bookstore and some macarons at a new Parisian patisserie/cafe.  Saw her for and Leo for just a few minutes to wish her a belated happy happy (her birthday was yesterday).

Breathing shallowly...thoughts of deeper breath flickering on and off...

P.S.  If you have access to Showtime, check out Homeland.  The show rocks.  (For some of you, it will be enough for me to say: Claire Danes in a meaty "grown up" role and Mandy Patinkin.  It also has an incredibly engrossing and provocative premise which it presents magnificently in the first hour and then develops brilliantly from there.)  If you don't have Showtime, watch for it when it comes out on DVD.

No comments: