Thursday, October 20, 2011

Folk art foray

The kids and I went to the museum for a workshop on folk art.  Peg talked about the Mexican tradition of Day of the Dead and then we went into the galleries.  Afterward, the kids made Day of the Dead inspired skull masks.  They were really into it!





Our foray into folk art was a lovely respite in an otherwise busy/hectic day.  Halloween costumes, trips to a pumpkin patch, learning at home, learning outside of home, the comic bookstore, Moneyball (the movie)...there is a lot going on with and for the kids.

Cap is hella busy, as usual and I am sleep deprived and not practicing enough...  Actually, I am hardly practicing at all.  Planning on deflecting attention away from food and focusing on Qigong.  Once the Qigong is going, everything else will naturally flow from there.

Oh my goodness.  Gem just gave me a kiss.  He is definitely on the other side of his latest developmental dissonance.  More relaxed, so affectionate...ahhhh.

1 comment:

Julie_c said...

LOVE the masks! What a great program!