My exhaustion has abated just enough to make room for "highly sensitive state" to join the party. It has taken some self-control (just a tiny bit) not to shout "STFU!!!" to the kids as they cavorted, went too far, cried, and then repeated the cycle, while they cleaned up their room.
But, as I have been noticing lately, I am calmer during these dips of energy. And still able to function with clarity, as needed. Tonight, I've had to deal with both the cable company (On Demand and the DVR are both out, the earliest a tech can come out? Thursday...) and a
In the past, these types of communicative interactions could undo me if they hit me at the wrong time of the month. I'd get upset, defensive, overwrought (usually with guilt), dramatic... I still have my moments (dealing with my landlord has become a personal nightmare), but in general, I feel like I've come out the other side.
Anyhoo, the title of this song is kind of apropos to how I view my current situation. I am in paradise. I am living the life I want. I am damn lucky. But, it's also feeling a bit circus-like, the energy plummet, the mood swing...my neurons are acrobatic.
No comments:
Post a Comment