Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Lemonade kitty, manatee dragon



Sag made this "Lemonade Kitty" cup the other day.  He, Gem and Leo have been developing a kitty cosmology and designing an array of product based on the various characters.  Nachos and lemonade...breakfast of champions.


I don't know what was in the air this morning (could it have been my Qigonged spirit?), but the kids made it through their homework with bits of support from me here and there, they ate, got dressed, and then they had time to watch the new episode of one of their favorite shows.  The notable thing?  They did all of this before 9am!

I think the group Qigong practice last night (I was so tight!) helped me sleep well and wake early.  I had about half an hour to myself before the kids woke one by one.  I managed to start practicing Qigong before they stirred and continued as I helped them settle into their homework and get warm (Cap gives them homework).

I did movements #1-8 (I confess, I strongly dislike #9 and #10 is my nemesis) and it felt so good.  I felt so good.  I remembered something one of the teachers said last night.  Something Master Lu had said: if you practice Standing Between Heaven and Earth (my nemesis) for 30 minutes a day, every day, it will change your life.

Having so recently had a life changing experience by cutting out sugar and grains, the notion of changing my life again, by doing something that involves nothing more than simply doing it, well, it appeals.

We were encouraged to write down why we are doing Dragon's Way.  I am doing it because I want to continue to be a conscious agent of positive change in my own life.  I will gain more energy.  I will gain more balance and peace (and provide it for those around me).  It will likely help to kick start the next stage of weight loss if more weight loss is in the cards for me.

I'm going for level 1.  Which, food-wise, is bare bones.  Nuts, honey, fruit for breakfast, two servings fruit for lunch, two to three servings veggies for dinner.  Tea in between.  Lots of practicing.  If I find I need more protein, then I will add eggs as needed.  And, as advised, if I am hormonal, I will listen to my body and eat what I need.  Similarly, if I am at a special occasion and it makes sense to partake, then I will, in moderation.

The beauty of this program is that it is six weeks.  Long enough to experience true transformation, but not so long that it feels overwhelming and untenable.  I am going for practicing the dreaded #10 for 30 minutes every day.  Wish me luck!

No comments: