Last night I turned the tv off at 12:30ish.
(It is the annual time to dial back on the number of shows I record/watch...so much light, so little time to sit in the dark and stare at the colorful box.)
I went to check my e-mail one last time before shutting the computer down and ended up going to bed at near 2am.
Facebook is starting to bug me. They're changing things up and have removed the kid gloves. I've been streamlining my account for a few weeks now, and tinkered with it some more last night. I am considering deactivating my account altogether. It's becoming more and more challenging to maintain the level of privacy and control that I want over how my information is "shared" by them.
I'm not surprised. The internet can be wonderful, but in a capitalist society like ours, the "haves" are hell bent on making a buck and low on human goodness as a practice.
Completely changing the topic, the full moon has been wreaking a bit of havoc on my rhythm. I've been wanting and eating rich and sugary foods and eating more than Dragon portions/frequency.
I'm realizing that my ADDness has also spiked, seemingly concurrently. Interesting.
Also interesting is my growing awareness of how (bordering on highly) sensitive I am. It's hard not to wish sometimes that I could face natural and normal fluctuations of the lunar cycle, my reproductive cycle, the weather, etc. with less reaction, with less reverberations on my energy and my mood.
• Cutting back on tv.
• Going to bed earlier.
Keeping it simple, keeping it small, going with the flow.
2 comments:
Oh ;-( I've gotten so used to having so many friends (I mean REAL friends, lol!) on Facebook. It's actually bugging me that some friends still *aren't* on it, lol! I suppose if you must rip my heart out (big, dramatic sigh) I'll . . . I'll find a way to carry on. Somehow.
;-)
Seriously, the privacy stuff doesn't bug me but I know I'm in the minority in that. If we don't have facebook maybe we'll have to, I don't know, actually get together face to face more often? Or is that idea just too crazy? ;-)
LOL I know what you mean about wishing some real friends were on it, I have a few of those myself :-)
In the cold light of day, the truth is that I get a lot more positive out of being on FB than bad.
It definitely brings me lots of little gifts (which add up) over the course of a day.
Did I rsvp for O's party yet? I put it in my calendar last night, we're coming!
Post a Comment