Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ear-y


I was chillaxin' watching some tv tonight. After awhile I instinctively began massaging my arms. They've been tight for the past few months. Probably related to my use of the computer mouse, but that doesn't explain all of it...at least the timing doesn't quite fit.

Naturally, as I worked my way up and down my arms, my fingers migrated to my shoulders and neck, and then to my fingers. Working on my fingers felt amazing. I could feel blockages clearing out as some of my fingertips hummed and buzzed, felt numb and then clear. Wow.

Them somehow, my fingers knew to head up to my ears. Oh. My. God. I know the ears are a very good and critical body part to massage. But, I often forget. There were many spots on my ears that were "tight". It was incredibly painful, and relieving, to work along the outer curve of each ear. Slowly, lingering on the painful spots, helping stagnant energy move.

Ouch. It really hurt.

Someone once told me that this outer curve of the ear can be reimagined as the spine. Using this information, I realized that, especially on the left side, the section which felt like it might correspond to my 'female plumbing' was fiercely, rock hard. Mad about not being pregnant and holding a grudge big time?

Once I was done, I felt so much better. Calmer, happier, more alert, warm. My gut is gurgling away as energy releases and courses through.

Thanks, fingers...and intuition, I really needed that.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

When I saw the picture of the ear and read chillaxin' I thought you were chilling and cleaning the wax out of your ears.

Nice that a little ear massage bad you feel calmer and happier.

Jamie said...

Oops, not "bad" you feel calmer and happier but "made" you feel calmer and happier.

Apparently, I was thinking about something "bad" when I was typing.