Sunday, April 25, 2010

Making room

Drawing up the meal plan this morning (it proved to be too much/not the right time yesterday) I intuitively reached a solution, a simple formula to hold the Dragon's Way and GFCF together.

I'm buying a bunch of veggies and have planned in three evening meals of stir fries for myself, I've confirmed that tofu is on-list and will pay attention to that as a source of protein, I'm making two more pots of seaweed soup this week (I tend to really get into things and enjoy them over and over again: turns out that's called 'hyperfocus' :-), and I'm going to be open to rice and egg whites.

And, I am not planning on making any new recipes on the GFCF side.  For the kids and Cap, on my dinner nights, I will make spaghetti with cornbread, meatloaf, and burgers with sweet potato fries.  Oops, I am planning one new thing, the GFCF burger buns.  But, rather than mid-week, I am going to make those next weekend.  I tend to have more time and space on the weekends.

(As I was flipping through the Dragon's Way book this morning for some specific info, I noticed that this week's chapter's subtitle included the words "transition" and "pushing through".  Yeah, that's what I'm feeling...)

(not sure what the Unicorn is doing there...)

No comments: