Monday, April 19, 2010

Taste buds

I'm shifting food gears and heading deeper into Dragon's Way territory.  My mind is caught up to the body, which always feels nice :-)  I thought about eggs when I walked into the kitchen, but I didn't want them (small sigh of relief).  The things was, though, that I didn't want walnuts either.

I meditated on it (realizing this in retrospect...at the time it was likely equal part ADD moving right along to the next thing that caught my attention and ADD strategy moving right along to ride a sprint to wash the soaking items in the sink and put away the items in the drying rack) and after taking care of some tasks and making a new recipe, Quinoa Breakfast Bars with Blueberries (I'll be blogging about this over at One Year Four Seasons later), I sat down to eat.

watermelon.

red grapes.

toasted pine nuts.

Sag practiced some knife skills he was so excited to have some watermelon.  My kids love fruit and will love the infusion of red fruit in our lives over the next six weeks (not all DW fruit is red, but most are).  They ate about 3/4 of the watermelon I thought might last me a week.  Every day something new to learn.

The pine nuts were pretty perfect.  They are so rich and so flavorful.  Very satisfying.  Everything was satisfying.  The essence of each food unique and strong and healing.  

I like to see in my mind's eye my taste buds blossoming as is so much of our half of the Earth, opening to give and receive, to take part in the cycle of Life, anchored resolutely in Natural Spirit and Universal Energy.

No comments: